Friday 12 August 2011

Spicing Up Whey Protein

Hey ladies,

I want to say thanks to all of you for your comments on my last post, I'm glad everyone was angry like me!  All is quiet now it seems which is good.

I just wanted to drop in and say that since upping my whey protein shakes to replace breakfast and lunch I have found that adding cinnamon makes it taste waaaay more appetising!  I chose the vanilla flavour in the first place as chocolate and strawberry remind me of those flavoured milk cartons you got in Primary School...yuck!  I was always a plain milk girl :)  So if anyone has the vanilla flavoured shakes you should try adding some cinnamon, not only is it tasty but cinnamon actually increases your metabolism as well so it's a win win situation. 

I'm back up to 110.2lbs which sucks but I know it's from the hangover binge I had on Sunday which then creeped over into Monday.  Oops...oh well I'm hoping to be back down to 109lbs tomorrow as all I'm eating today are protein shakes and egg whites plus I've had a 517cal blitz at the gym this morning so that should shock my body a bit.  I've got that beach rave tomorrow night so if I'm not down to the 109lb region I may cry off(especially as it'll be full of tiny tiny oriental girls)...I also have a wedding next Saturday which is being held by some extremely rich friends of the family so as sad as it seems I want to look (pardon the term) 'smoking' in order to be able to flirt with some hot rich chappies.  How shallow right?  Well to be frank I'd flirt with any guy if he was good looking enough purely because I'm a conceited attention-seeking girl, my boyfriend hasn't really been paying attention to me and he actively told me the other day that he couldn't wait for me to start studying again so that he could spend his evenings playing PS3 again...wow I feel really appreciated... I sound ridiculous but my self-esteem is probably not the highest anyway and for my love of 3 years to say that makes me feel pretty small.  I told him I didn't like it but he shrugged it off and I didn't make a big deal out of it.  I do know he loves me but that's only because of speaking to friends of ours, I wish he'd express it to me sometimes :(

Oh well enough melancholy self-pitying, I hope you girlies are fighting the fight. 
Love to you all
xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love putting cinnamon in my protein shakes! I really love cinnamon in anything, haha.

    Weddings are always exciting, if not a little stressful. Hope you have fun!

    It's sad that your boyfriend said that. Hopefully it was just one of those off-hand remarks that people make without really thinking about how it will sound or affect the other person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh rich mingling is always exciting. My grandmother quite the gold digger, so I know how those things go...

    Cinnamon is a good idea! I dont eat protein shakes because I am scared to bulk up, but I definitely started adding cinnamon to my oatmeal and I love it.

    Maybe your boyfriend thought he was being funny? Either way, nothing like a bit of an absence to make them realize they miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always trying to figure out how to get more protein (vegetarian) I'm trying these "protein smoothies" from the thrive diet book. Hopefully they don't taste disgusting :/ I can't handle regular protein shakes for the same reason as you... Although putting in cinnon might help that.

    Sometimes guys don't knowwhat they've got until it's gone. He probably didn't mean for his comment to come out like that.

    ReplyDelete